National Institute for Productivity (NIP) is a public Institution responsible for productivity and competitiveness enhancement and improvement in all sectors of the economy. Board of NIP is looking for a suitable Tanzanian with relevant qualifications to fill the position of Managing Director of the Institute. The Managing Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute and is responsible for the overall management of the Institute and its entire body of staff.
The Managing Director will be accountable and responsible to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control all activities of NIP;
- Formulate and present to the Board the Institute’s strategies and plans and ensure that activities of the Institute conform to the strategies and plans;
- Evaluate performance with a view of ensuring timely achievement of predetermined objectives;
- Prepare for the Board’s approval policies, standards and procedures and oversee their implementation;
- Provide leadership to the entire body of staff and promote professionalism, discipline, integrity and exemplary performance within the Institute;
- Maintain linkages with all productivity and competitiveness stakeholders nationally and internationally;
- Advise the Government on productivity and competitiveness matters in the country and on the role and functions of the Institute through the Board of Directors;
- Give periodic feedback to the Board of Directors regarding the Institute’s performance; and
- Perform any other additional responsibilities as shall be given from time to time by higher authorities.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A holder of a postgraduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Commerce or a related field from a recognized university;
- At least 5 years senior position experience in management consultancy, training and applied research in a business firm or consultancy/ training institution;
- Knowledge and understanding of productivity measurement indices will be an added advantage; and
- Possession of PhD will be an added advantage.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with the NIP Schemes of Service and as may be
determined by the Board of Directors will be given to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application:
All applications including a detailed CV, one coloured passport size photograph, certified copies of certificates, and names and addresses of three work related referees with title marked “Managing Director NIP” on the top of the envelope should be addressed to:
Board of Directors,
National Institute for Productivity,
Nyumba ya Maarifa, Ohio Street,
P .O. Box 2021, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Applications should be received by Thursday 25th August, 2016 at 16.00hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.